- Availability: Available now
- Group size: 2-10
- Tour Type: Healing trip
3 day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
680 USD Per person
3 day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
Our 3 day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon jungle of Cusco is perfect for those who do not have much time available to perform an Ayahuasca therapy in Iquitos or Pucallpa, which is the northern part of the Peruvian jungle; however, they seek to have a transcendental and genuine Ayahuasca experience in the most appropriate place. Our Ayahuasca retreat is located in the Peruvian Amazon, within the Manu National Park, known as the most megadiverse place in the world. We are located just 5 hours from Cusco, very close to Machu Picchu.
Our Ayahuasca ceremonies are combined with guided meditation and yoga activities, which will help you balance your energy and vibration and thus have an intense and healing experience with mother Ayahuasca.
For more information about our Ayahuasca retreats, go to our website specialized in Ayahuasca therapies: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat. To see videos about the place where we do our Ayahuasca ceremonies, the facilities we have and the testimonials of our previous patients, go to: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat Videos.
Highlights of our 3 day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
- The shamans we work with are all from my town, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; The tribe to which we belong is known as the Matsigenka and we have lived for hundreds of years in the Peruvian Amazon. Our healers have many years of experience healing and helping with Mother Ayahuasca.
- Your safety is our priority, that is why, we include a tour guide interpreter who will be available 24/7 for you. Our guides are trained by doctors and firefighters to solve medical problems.
- The price of our programs are very affordable, we seek to help and heal people in the most authentic way possible, in an immersive and unforgettable setting.
- My family has a paradise ranch in the jungle of more than 20 acres that will be all 100% at your disposal; it has crystalline rivers for tubing, bird observatories, medicinal plants, waterfalls, aguajales, horses and much more.
- Be part of our social and environmental projects.
- The groups are small, from 4 to 10 people maximum; this number of people allows the healer / shaman to have adequate control of the energies and frequencies of the participants.
- We are located in the Amazon jungle; inside the Manu National park, 5-hour drive from Cusco and Machu Picchu. The amazon jungle is the original and adequate environment to experience this sacred Ayahuasca brew.
- Our Ayahuasca Retreat includes incredible activities to connect you deeply with nature, the universe and your divinity (see the activities in the itinerary).
- 2 hours of mountain biking, descending from the Andes to the Amazon Jungle (optional activity).
- We prepare adequate diets for Ayahuasca on the days of the ceremony and also delicious food using organic products that we grow in our own farmland.
Trip Overview of our 3 day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
- Tour localization: Our Ayahuasca healing center is located in the southeastern zone of the Peruvian Amazon jungle; exactly in the Manu National Park, 5 hours from Cusco.
- Tour type: 3 days and 2 night Ayahuasca ceremony in the Peruvian Amazon jungle.
- Good for: Everybody, done in small groups from 4 to 10 or privately
- Difficulty: Not trekking, but a lot of walking around the forest.
- Season: All year around.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In these 3 days of Ayahuasca journey, we do 2 Ayahuasca ceremonies, because only 2 ceremony that lasts 5 to 6 hours brings a gigantic accumulation of varied visions; which need to be processed and interpreted correctly by our shamans in the following days.
Day 1: Cusco – Manu National Park – San Fernando Family House – First Ayahuasca Ceremony.
- Driving hours: 4 hours by car and 2 hours by bike.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Considered: 50 % of the car route is not paved track and there are some switchbacks. All of our Ayahuasca lovers have free access at any time to the estate facilities and its natural wealth; to take a break, do meditation, yoga, horseback riding, or bathe in the river. You also have unlimited access to the organic fruit we grow in our farm/ drinking water and tea.
- Weather: Warm, humid and with mosquitoes.
This incredible Ayahuasca Experience in the Peruvian Amazon jungle, will start with your pick up from your hotel at 5:00 am. we will be driven for 2 hours to the start point of the mountain biking. Before biking from the highlands to the Amazon jungle for 2 hours, we will have a delicious organic vegetarian breakfast. The biking stretch is full of fantastic views of the Andean foothills and the Peruvian cloud forest (optional activity lead by a tour guide). Once we arrive to the hamlet of San Pedro, we will board the van again to be driven for 1 hour to our family lodge.
Upon arrival to our family house, we will show you your rooms and then will have a delicious organic diet. After lunch we will take a refreshing soak in the crystalline temperate rivers we have. Then in the afternoon we will walk for 10 minutes to a beautiful spot of the estate, to do meditation in the river bank. This meditation activity with the sounds of water, will help you in your purification, renewal, liberation, fertility and abundance; and therefore it will prepare you in a better way to receive the sacred drink of Ayahuasca. Then we return to the estate, to ride horses under the sunset and twilight; You will have a moment of your own to reflect and connect with our main star.
After the horse ride, we will have a meeting with our healer or shaman to talk about the intentions and desires we seek when doing Ayahuasca and how she will work with us; You will then have your own time and space for you to write those intentions and wishes on a piece of paper. Then, you will have your free time of 1 hour, so that you can meditate by yourself anywhere on the farm you consider that is best spot and prepare yourself to receive the sacred medicinal drink of Ayahuasca. The Ayahuasca spiritual ceremony lasts around 4 to 5 hours and will take place from 8 pm. until approximately 1:00 am.
** Drinking Ayahuasca in the Amazon rainforest is the best place to have a deep connection with nature and the universe. The sounds of animals at night, the music of the river and the forest create a magical atmosphere of energetic frequencies.
NOTE: The rooms are shared by two people and the bathrooms are outside the rooms and are shared as well. We have a capacity of 5 twin rooms and 5 bathrooms.
NOTE 1: brothers and sisters who do not want to cycle down for 2 hours,
can stay in the van all the time.
Day 2: Interpretation of your Ayahuasca Visions – Floral Spiritual Bath –Visit a Wild Animal Rescue Center – Second Ayahuasca Ceremony.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Considered: We will perform many Ayahuasca spiritual activities, that will help you to have a deeper Ayahuasca experience.
- Weather: Hot and humid with mosquitoes
Around 8:30 am in the morning, we will have a nutritious breakfast to charge energy for the post Ayahuasca activities. After your delicious meal, we will get inside the Maloca, which is the adequate spot to interpret your Ayahuasca visions; we will do it, with the help of your shaman and the guide interpreter. The participants will have around 3 hours to perform the interpretation of the Ayahuasca visions. The next days are filled with contemplation, this meeting with your shaman will allow you to get some deeper understanding into your experience. Then a ceremony of physical and spiritual cleansing will take place. This flowering bath ceremony in the river will help you to close a bad stage and begin a new harmonic stage in your life.
After a delicious and organic lunch, we will be driven for 40 minutes to a wild animal rescue center to observe macaws, peccaries, tapirs, monkeys, toucans and more. In the late afternoon, we will climb for 5 minutes to a watch tower built on a tree to observe flocks of birds and the vast amazon jungle under a perfect sunset and twilight (you will have your free time to meditate in this wonderful place). Around 8 at night, you will go to our special structure to perform the second Ayahuasca ceremony with our shaman Munay.
** This is a very important day, because our shaman will interpret your Ayahuasca visions, and reveal hidden truths that you seek to know, as well as paths of healing.
Day 3: Plant your Tree – Floral Bath – Cusco.
- Family house altitude: 689 meters above sea level.
- Weather: Hot and humid with mosquitoes
After woken you up with a cold fruit smoothie, you will get ready to enjoy an organic breakfast; and to do a MUNAY meditation under a sunrise in the middle of the forest and the lead of your tour guide interpreter. Then we will walk around 10 minutes to the forest to you plant a tree or an Ayahuasca vine that would be yours forever; we will take care of your plant and year by year we will send you photos about its annual growth. This activity will also help to reforest many parts of the Cultural Zone of the Manu National Park.
After, we will do tubing in a pristine river for around 45 minutes; this activity is 100% secure and will be supervised by an expert local guide. After lunch, we will good bye our hosts and we´ll also have the chance to buy Ayahuasca souvenirs from the Peruvian Amazon jungle. Then, we will be driven for 5 hours back to Cusco, where we arrive around 7 pm.
** Our service of Ayahuasca Retreat in the Peruvian Jungle service, is door to door.
Included on the 3 day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Peruvian Amazon
Professional local English speaker Guides: all our super leaders grew up in Cusco and in the Amazonian region; and studied tourism for five years at Cusco’s university. They are friendly, funny charming, knowledgeable, professional and will care your safety into your Ayahuasca retreat. (Our guides will be awesome interpreters).
Healer or Shaman: The healers or shamans we work with are all from my town, we belong to the Matsigenka tribe; We have all been lucky enough to be born in the Peruvian jungle and therefore learn about the authentic healing power of Ayahuasca.
Ayahuasca Retreat in the Peruvian Amazon jungle: The plants that are used to make the Ayahuasca concoction grow in the Amazon rainforest; that is why the best place to experience the healing power of this alternative medicine is the jungle. The jungle being surrounded by an unimaginable amount of plants and animals is a magical place, which creates powerful frequencies of connection with mother earth, her creatures and the universe.
Permits: As soon as we get your details and deposit, we will purchase your permits for the Manu National Park.
Family House: Our Ayahuasca retreat program includes two nights in rooms shared by two people; if you want a private room (you must add $ 100 for a private room for 2 nights). We have 5 bathrooms which are shared by all participants. The bathrooms are constantly cleaned and disinfected.
- Biking for 2 hours from the highlands to the jungle (optional activity).
- Swimming in a crystalline and temperate river.
- Meditation under the sounds of the river.
- Horse riding under sunset and twilight.
- Meeting with the shaman to talk about your intentions and desires when taking the healing medicine of Ayahuasca and how she will work with you.
- 1 rape ceremony, before ingesting the mother Ayahuasca
- 1 Coca leave reading ceremony
- 2 Ayahuasca ceremony (with free option to do 1 more ceremony the second night).
- 1 Ceremony of interpretation of your Ayahuasca visions.
- 2 Floral spiritual bath in the river.
- Visit the wild animal rescue center.
- Observation of birds and the vast Amazon rainforest from our observation tower built on a tree.
- Plant your Ayahuasca vine or a tree, which will be yours forever.
- 45 minutes of tubing in a pristine river.
- Free access to bathe in the rivers whenever you want.
- Free access to any place on the farm that you consider suitable to do your personal meditations.
Briefing: The day before your trip, you will come to our office for your informative meeting. You will receive a duffle bag, that you will bring to our Ayahuasca healing retreat center; and also you will pay the balance.
Transportation: Incas Path will be providing all transport needed for this Ayahuasca retreat, our service is from door to door.
Food: Our Ayahuasca tour includes, a local chef who will cook delicious organic meals; that many previous tourists have loved. We have experience cooking the proper diet food for an Ayahuasca retreat and we honor all food restrictions, so be sure to add any that you have on your booking form and let us know. Food is typically all served as buffet.
Details: We profess that it is the attention to small details that separates us from other travel agencies; each tourist receives a duffle bag to carry their essential belongings to our Ayahuasca retreat center. We gift all our Ayahuasca lovers a beautiful souvenir made by my relatives; and also a tree or an Ayahuasca vine that you will plant and that will be yours forever.
First Aid: Every guide has got training in first aid from a clinic and firemen. We elaborate mandatory training sessions, every February about Ayahuasca retreat risk situations; which every Incas Path tour guide must attend. Your tour leader is going to have always a first-aid kit for medical problems.
Not Included on the 3 day Ayahuasca Retreat in the Amazon
- Gratuities for our staff: Incas Path ensures all staff are fairly paid and therefore gratuities are optional; and at your own discretion.
- Travel Insurance: Highly recommended for all tourist.
- Water Bottle: You can buy it from my relatives in the Ayahuasca retreat center.
- Flight tickets
- Hotel in Cusco
We would like to be in charge of guiding you, in your experience with Ayahuasca in the Amazon Peruvian jungle.
- Group Retreat Price
$680 per person
- Private Ayahuasca Experience
One Ayahuasca lover: $730 per person
Two Ayahuasca lovers: $720 per person
Three Ayahuasca lovers: $710 per person
Four Ayahuasca lovers: $700 per person
Five Ayahuasca lovers: $690 per person
Six, or more Ayahuasca lovers: $680 per person
The rooms are twins and they are shared by two participants.
If you are a solo traveler, and you would require a private room, you must add 100 dollars for 2 nights.
Important Note: Our Ayahuasca ceremony is done in small groups, from 4 to 10 people; if you wish to have a private Ayahuasca retreat only for you and your loved ones. This option is also available, you only need to coordinate it, with your sale representative.
Important Note II: For patient safety, we reserve the right to refuse treatment to patients with the following conditions:
- Heart surgery, pacemaker, tachycardia, murmur, or other heart ailment
- Blood disease.
- Mental illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolarism, etc).
Bringing what is recommended on the packing list is essential for a better enjoyment and experience within your Ayahuasca tour in the Peruvian jungle.
Recommended Packing List
1. 1 Daypack/carry-on bag – for valuables and breakable objects.
2. Sandals or flip-flops.
3. Outdoor shoes (good enough for moderate hiking but light enough for mud).
4. 2 pairs of swimming gear.
5. 1-2 pair jeans/pants/dress/shirt for social scene and meditation.
6. 1 rugged pants for hikes (lighter is better).
7. 1-2 Loose fitting, breathable long sleeved shirts for jungle
8. Casual/active hot weather attire (enough for 3 days, 25-30-degree weather).
9. Down jacket; people usually feel so much cold while doing Ayahuasca.
10. 1 Light rain jacket.
11. Socks & Undies (enough for 3 days, plus extras).
12. Sun hat.
13. Rain poncho.
14. Passport (valid for at least six months).
15. USD 400-600 in $20-100 notes (for food while traveling through the Andes, souvenirs, etc.)
16. Credit card with cash withdrawal option.
17. PLENTY of insect repellant (DEET Recommended, as well as something natural) – they don’t sell strong stuff in Peru!
18. Sunscreen (30+ SPF Recommended).
19. Flashlight(s) (one bright for jungle, one dim LED RED LIGHT for ceremonies).
20. Small first-aid kit for scrapes, cuts and bug bites.
21. Electrolytes (helps keep you hydrated in the heat!).
23. Face Wipes: the humidity will cause you to sweat a lot.
24. Deodorant, you will use more than normal due to the sweat.
25. Medications (Insect bites, headaches, muscle pain, etc.).
26. Notebook / Journal.
27. Camera & Memory Cards.
28. Personal reading material.
“There are bodily and inorganic things that need to be cleaned before you can see the essential; Jan Kounen says in the book: «The Psychotropic Mind, the world according to Ayahuasca, Iboga and Shamanism. His words poetically sum up, why it’s important to physically prepare your body for taking Ayahuasca.
Most of our bodies are cluttered, with all kinds of stimulating and inorganic foods, from our modern diets. Foods filled with salt, sugar, acids and caffeine. To open up and receive the answers you are looking for from our mother Ayahuasca; first you need to cleanse yourself of all kinds of toxins.
Ayahuasca expert Alan Shoemaker, expanded on this idea; in his book: «Ayahuasca Medicine, the Shamanic World of Amazonian Sacred Plant Healing». Plant diets are designed to help a person connect with the spirits of the plants, and to develop new healing capabilities, vision, and knowledge; that require much time, in solitude and a strict dietary regimen. When you follow a required strict diet, you make yourself to the spirit world, more accessible.”
Reassure or cleaning the body in order to reach a spiritual state; will be a familiar idea to anyone who has practiced yoga. Yoga asana like the physical positions such as: the downward facing dog, or child’s pose; these poses were originally designed with the purpose of preparing your body to meditate. Like the asana’ effect on meditation, the physical preparation of the Ayahuasca pre-diet; goes hand in hand with being able to prepare yourself psychologically, for the healing experience.
Cleaning yourself from toxins, gives you a huge jumpstart in the Ayahuasca experience; because, as Vincent Ravalee explains in the book called: «The Psychotropic Mind». ¡All the toxins we collect during our everyday life, are the first things that Ayahuasca will attack.
When you clean those toxins ahead of time, it’s easier for Ayahuasca to work in your body; because there’s less “barriers” to cut through. By following the diet, you ensure your ability to make the most of the experience; and reach deeper levels of psych spiritual understanding.
While different Amazonian healers and retreat centers vary on the specific restrictions; we have a huge list of restrictions based on our hamlet knowledge and our Shamans. All of this is mandatory you follow, for a successful Ayahuasca experience.
Our Wachiperi Machiguenga Restrictions are:
Foods Containing Tyramine.
Ayahuasca, specifically; the Banisteriopsis Caapi, which is creeper plant, and one of the principal ingredients in the Ayahuasca brew. Is an MAO-inhibitor, meaning it temporarily inhibits the activation of the monoamine oxidase (MAO) an enzyme that is essential to process the amino acid tyramine.
if you take an MAO inhibitor, such as: Ayahuasca and eat foods high in tyramine; it can quickly reach dangerous levels. This can cause a severe increase in blood pressure and require emergency treatment.
You should avoid products that contains tyramine; 15 days before the Ayahuasca retreat and 15 days, after ingesting it.
- Red meat.
- Aged cheeses.
- Fermented foods like soy sauce, fermented tofu, and sauerkraut.
- Nutritional supplements, like protein powders.
- Chicken liver.
Other foods you should avoid:
In addition to foods high in tyramine, you should avoid, acidic foods, condiments, and conserves; these have toxins that are hard to remove from our body, and also that obstructs the energy of the plant medicine.
- Salt (you should try only tiny amounts of salt).
Avoid all Type of Animal Products
Nowadays, animal products are packed full of chemicals; from vaccinations, antibiotics, to hormones and are raised and slaughtered in inhumane ways.
Unless you are consuming organic, free range poultry; or wild animals from the jungle. It’s better to avoid any industrialized animal product.
It is mandatory you don’t consume industrialized products; due you consume not only the substance of those food, but also the energy of it. So if you consume an animal, that was packed full of chemicals, and it spent the entirety of its life miserably crammed in a corral or stable; only to finally be slaughtered, in masse, in a mechanized way. You also ingest the energy of that animal´s experience.
21 days leading up to the Ayahuasca ceremony; we strongly suggest that you stop the following prescription drugs:
- Antidepressants like SSRIs.
- Sleep medications.
- Alpha- and beta-blockers.
Sex and Masturbation
We mandatory recommend that you avoid sexual activity, including masturbation; 15 days before and after your 3 day Ayahuasca retreat in the Peruvian Amazon.
Sex, masturbation or including any exchange of bodily fluids, is a powerful energetic exchange; which can deplete your backup of energy available to you: and thus inhibit the effectiveness of the plants to teach and lead you.
You should do it at least one month prior, to the Ayahuasca retreat; and your whole life after finishing it.
In my hamlet, the diet is not only about meals; it also includes guidelines for mental, emotional, and spiritual preparation in the days leading up to your work with the Mother Ayahuasca.
Our experienced plant healer or shaman would have gone into the forest, on extended solitary retreat; in order to seek and diet with the plants. Surviving on their own, fishing and foraging. In my hamlet, the mental pre diet, would include keeping yourself in relative solitude and minimizing not helpful chatter and gossip. In industrialized countries; a modern diet would definitely include: a fast from television, radio, movies, news and social media.
You should spend as much as possible days, preceding your Ayahuasca ceremony engage in activities like: yoga, meditation, mindfulness practice, prayer. Solitary walks in the woods, mountains, river banks, ocean shores. Also walk at dawn and twilight to receive the solar energy; also walk at night, it is better if is full moon, so you receive fully the energy of the stars, moon and milky way.
Begin spiritually communing with nature, before your date-night with Ayahuasca; when our mother Ayahuasca will open the doors to direct communication with our mother earth.
It so dangerous and you may have a bad experience; if you do not do your diet responsibly and strictly.