- Availability: Available now
- Group size: 2-10
- Tour Type: Healing trip
- Max. Elevation: 3500 meters above sea level
Ayahuasca Ceremony in the Cusco Sacred Valley
260 USD Per person
Ayahuasca Ceremony in the Cusco Sacred Valley
This Ayahuasca ceremony in the Cusco sacred valley is ideal for those who do not have the time available to carry out a long healing retreat with Ayahuasca, but who want to know the healing and loving power of Ayahuasca in a 1-day ceremony. Our 1-day Ayahuasca therapy it is located in the sacred valley of the Inca, only 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Cusco and Machu Picchu citadel.
Alternative therapies with sacred plants are helping many people to awaken their consciousness and be in direct and deep contact with their divine and inner being, nature and the cosmos. Ayahuasca is a divine concoction used by Amazonian peoples for millennia to treat their physical, mental and spiritual problems.
Highlights of our Ayahuasca Ceremony in the Cusco Sacred Valley
- The shamans we work with are all from my town, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; The tribe to which we belong is known as the Matsigenka and we have lived for hundreds of years in the Peruvian Amazon. Our healers have many years of experience healing and helping with Mother Ayahuasca.
- Your safety is our priority, that is why, we include coordinators who will be available 24/7 for you. Our coordinators are trained by doctors and firefighters to solve medical problems. We Also have an agreement with a local hospital to act in case of any emergency.
- For the shamans that work with us and the logistics that we use in our Ayahuasca retreats; the price of our programs are very affordable, we seek to help and heal people in the most authentic way possible, in an immersive and unforgettable setting.
- Our Ayahuasca house in the Sacred Valley is located in Viacha, a very typical, beautiful and energetic place in the outskirts of Pisac.
- Be part of our social and environmental projects.
- The groups are small, from 4 to 10 people maximum; this number of people allows the healer / shaman to have adequate control of the energies and frequencies of the participants.
- We are located in Pisac, the sacred valley of the Incas. A very powerful and adequate environment to experience this sacred Ayahuasca brew.
- We do a 1-hour Andean hike and a meditation session in front of a powerful mountain and a lake before performing our Ayahuasca ceremony during the night.
- The price of the 1-day Ayahuasca ceremony includes an English translator, which is very important when performing the interpretation of the Ayahuasca visions and to communicate fluently with our shaman.
Trip Overview of our Ayahuasca Retreat in Cusco 1 Day
- Tour localization: Our 1 day Ayahuasca retreat is located in the sacred valley of the Incas, is the town of Pisac
- Tour type: 1 day
- Good for: Everybody, done in groups from 5 to 10 or privately
- Difficulty: Not trekking, only 1 hour walk and meditation.
- Season: All year around
IMPORTANT NOTE: If after your first Ayahuasca ceremony in the sacred valley, you wish to extend your Ayahuasca retreat for 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 days. We have a retreat house in the southern Amazon jungle, just 5 hours from Cusco. These multiple Ayahuasca ceremonies in the jungle are complemented by consecration ceremonies, interpretation of visions, flowering bath, meditation and yoga.
If you would like to do a 4-day trek through the Inca Trail or the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu, we have treks that offer you the possibility of doing yoga, meditation and a suitable diet for an Ayahausca ceremony. More information in the following tab: Ayahuasca preparation treks
Day 1: Cusco Accommodation – Pisac Ayahuasca House – Cusco.
- Driving hours: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Ayahuasca Retreat house altitude: 2,972 meters above sea level.
- Weather: Dry and cold.
This 1-day Ayahuasca ceremony in the Sacred Valley of the Incas begins with a pick-up from your hotel at 3 pm. Then we drive for an hour and a half to our retreat house located in Pisac. This town located in the sacred valley of the Incas, is surrounded by sacred Andean tutelary gods and the sacred Inca citadel of Pisac.
- Andean walk and meditation
Once we arrive at the retreat house, we will leave our belongings in our rooms shared by 2 participants of the Ayahuasca ceremony. Afterwards we will take a 1-hour walk to an energetic place, where we will carry out a preparation meditation for a better experience when receiving the Ayahuasca medicine. This 20-minute meditation session will be guided by one of our coordinators.
- Coca leaf reading ceremony
Used since Inca times as an oracle and guide to the future. The reading of coca leaves allows our shaman to obtain a deeper and more personal diagnosis of you. It is important to detect problems, deepen your knowledge of your situation to help you throughout the healing process. This ceremony is a powerful complement to the Ayahuasca ceremony.
- Cleansing of Negative Energies
With this ceremony our shaman opens the chakras to free the spirit, and prepares you inside and out before the Ayahuasca ceremony. Our shaman also purifies and cleanses the negative energies of karma, bad vibrations accumulated in the body.
- Ayahuasca ceremony
It begins with a ceremony to protect the place and the person who will take the Ayahuasca. Then a Rape ceremony is performed, this natural powder serves to open your pineal gland and make you more receptive to the healing powers of Ayahuasca. The ceremony lasts 4 to 5 hours. Then all the participants will go to their respective rooms to sleep. The night is the most appropriate and energetic time to connect with the spirit of mother Ayahuasca.
- Interpretation of the visions of Ayahuasca
After a healing Ayahuasca therapy ceremony, in the morning we will perform a ceremony to interpret the visions and symbolism obtained during the ceremony. Based on his wisdom and experience, our shaman will interpret in a spiritual and shamanic way what the Ayahuasca mother wanted to reveal to you. Remember that the final interpretation of it will be given to you by your own spirit and heart.
** Doing Ayahuasca in the sacred valley of the Incas, very close to Machu Picchu, assures you a powerful energetic place for a very integrating and healing therapy.
NOTE: The rooms are shared by two Ayahuasca lovers and the bathrooms are outside the rooms and are shared as well. We have a capacity of 5 twin rooms and 5 bathrooms.
Included on the Ayahuasca Ritual in Cusco
Professional Coordinators: All our coordinators are professionals who have been prepared for a long time in Ayahuasca spiritual retreats in the Amazon and the sacred valley and have also studied tourism at the University of Cusco or Madre de Dios. They are friendly, funny charming, knowledgeable, professional and speak well English. They also will be awesome interpreters in all steps of your Ayahuasca retreat.
Amazonian Shaman: The shamans we work with are all from the town of Huacaria, we belong to the Matsigenka tribe, located in the Amazon jungle of Cusco; We have all had the privilege of being born in the Peruvian jungle and thus directly knowing the authentic healing power of an Ayahuasca retreat.
Ayahuasca Retreat in Pisac: 1-night basic accommodation is included on this Ayahuasca ceremony.
Permits: As soon as we get your details and deposit, we will coordinate with our shamans for your Ayahuasca ceremony.
- 1-hour walk and 20 minutes’ meditation.
- Coca leaf reading ceremony.
- Cleansing of negative energy ceremony.
- Ayahuasca ceremony 1 day.
- 1 Ayahuasca vision interpretation.
Transportation: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat will be providing all transport needed for this Ayahuasca journey, our service is from door to door.
First Aid: Every coordinator has got training in first aid from a clinic and firemen. We elaborate mandatory training sessions, every February about Ayahuasca retreat risk situations; which every Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat coordinator must attend. Your spiritual leader is going to have always a first-aid kit for medical problems.
Not Included on the Ayahuasca Retreat in Cusco
- Gratuities for our staff: Ikaro Ayahuasca Retreat ensures all staff are fairly paid and therefore gratuities are optional; and at your own discretion.
- Travel Insurance: Highly recommended for all tourist.
- Water Bottle: You can buy it from my relatives in the Ayahuasca retreat center.
- Flight tickets
- Hotel in Cusco
We would like to be in charge of guiding you, in your experience in this Ayahuasca ceremony in the Cusco sacred valley.
- Group Ayahuasca Retreat Price
$260 per person
- Private Ayahuasca Retreat
One Ayahuasca lover: $310 per person
Two Ayahuasca lovers: $ 300 per person
Three Ayahuasca lovers: $ 290 per person
Four Ayahuasca lovers: $ 280 per person
Five Ayahuasca lovers: $270 per person
Six, or more Ayahuasca lovers: $260 per person
The rooms are twins and they are shared by two Ayahuasca lovers.
Important Note: Our Ayahuasca retreats are done in small groups, from 4 to 10 people; if you wish to have a private Ayahuasca ceremony only for you and your loved ones. This option is also available, you only need to coordinate it, with your sale representative.
Important Note II: For patient safety, we reserve the right to refuse treatment to patients with the following conditions:
- Heart surgery, pacemaker, tachycardia, murmur, or other heart ailment
- Blood disease.
- Mental illness (Schizophrenia, Bipolarism, etc.).
Bringing what is recommended on the packing list is essential for a better experience within your Ayahuasca retreat in Cusco.
Recommended Packing List
1. 1 Daypack/carry-on bag – for valuables and breakable objects.
2. Sandals or flip-flops.
3. Down jacket; people usually feel so much cold while doing Ayahuasca.
4. 1 Light rain jacket.
5. Socks & Undies (enough for 1 night).
6. Sun hat.
7. Rain poncho.
8. Passport (valid for at least six months).
10. Face Wipes: the humidity will cause you to sweat a lot.
11. Notebook / Journal.
12. Camera & Memory Cards.
Our bodies are full of toxic and inorganic substances that will not allow us to receive mother Ayahuasca properly. The vast majority of the foods that we currently consume contain large amounts of preservatives, so a proper diet for at least a week before the Ayahuasca retreat is recommended to better channel the teachings of this powerful ancestral medicine.
Ayahuasca expert Alan Shoemaker expanded on this idea; in his book: «Ayahuasca Medicine, the Shamanic World of Amazonian Sacred Plant Healing». Plant diets are designed to help a person connect with plant spirits and develop new healing abilities, vision, and knowledge; that require a lot of time, in solitude and with a strict dietary regimen. When you follow a strict required diet, you become more accessible to the spirit world.”
Tranquilize or cleanse the body to achieve a spiritual state; It will be a familiar idea to anyone who has practiced yoga. Yoga asana such as physical positions such as: downward facing dog or child’s pose; These poses were originally designed for the purpose of preparing your body for meditation. Like the effect of the asanas on meditation, the physical preparation of the Ayahuasca pre-diet; it goes hand in hand with being able to psychologically prepare for the healing experience.
Cleansing yourself of toxins gives you a great boost in the Ayahuasca journey; because, as Vincent Ravalee explains in the book entitled: «The Psychotropic Mind». All the toxins that we accumulate during our daily life, are the first things that Ayahuasca will attack.
When you cleanse those toxins in advance, it is easier for mother Ayahuasca to work in your body; because there are fewer «barriers» to cross. By following the diet, you ensure your ability to get the most out of your trip; and reach deeper levels of spiritual psychic understanding.
Each shaman, Ayahuasquero or Ayahuasca retreat varies in specific restrictions. In the Huacaria community we have a series of physical, emotional, mental and spiritual diets that you must follow rigorously to have a deep and healing experience with Ayahuasca.
Our Matsigenka Restrictions are:
Proper body preparation reduces the risks of experimenting, difficulties and intense purging during the ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In addition, to following a proper diet, you show your commitment and intentions to heal yourself and know your own divinity.
Foods Containing Tyramine.
Ayahuasca, specifically; the Banisteriopsis Caapi, which is a vine plant, and one of the principal ingredients in the Ayahuasca brew. Is an MAO-inhibitor, meaning it temporarily inhibits the activation of the monoamine oxidase (MAO) an enzyme that is essential to process the amino acid tyramine.
if you ingest an MAO inhibitor, such as: Ayahuasca and eat foods high in tyramine; it can quickly reach dangerous levels. This can cause a severe increase in blood pressure and require emergency treatment.
You should avoid products that contains tyramine; 2 weeks before the Ayahuasca retreat and 1 week, after taking it.
- Red meat.
- Aged cheeses.
- Fermented foods like soy sauce, fermented tofu, and sauerkraut.
- Nutritional supplements, like protein powders.
- Chicken liver.
The best way to prepare our temple, that is, our body, is to eat a diet rich in organic foods. Foods that contain preservatives are not recommended at all for a proper and healthy diet before an Ayahuasca ceremony. It is recommended to follow a diet based on fruits, vegetables and seeds.
Other foods you should avoid:
In addition to foods high in tyramine, you should avoid condiments, very acidic foods, salt and sugar in excess; these contain toxins that are difficult to eliminate from our body, and also that obstruct the purgative and healing energy of plant medicine.
Avoid all Type of Animal Products
Currently many animals used as a source of food, are full of chemicals; from vaccines, antibiotics to hormones, and are raised and slaughtered inhumanely.
Unless you are consuming organically raised animals or wild animals from the jungle. It is best to avoid any industrialized animal product.
It is mandatory not to consume industrialized products or animals; because you consume not only the substance of those foods, but also the energy of them. So, if you consume an animal, which was full of inorganics and chemicals and spent its entire life miserably crammed into a pen or barn; only to finally be slaughtered, in masse, in a mechanized way, you also ingest the negative energy and traumatic experience of that animal.
3 weeks leading up to the Ayahuasca ceremony in Cusco 1 day; we strongly suggest that you stop the following prescription drugs:
- Antidepressants like SSRIs.
- Sleep medications.
- Alpha- and beta-blockers.
Sex and Masturbation
Avoiding a sexual and energetic exchange 2 weeks before and after this Ayahuasca ceremony in the Cusco sacred valley is essential for a better experience.
Sex, masturbation or even any exchange of bodily fluids, energetic and spiritual, can deplete the energy support available to you and thus inhibit the effectiveness of the sacred plants to teach and guide you.
The mental, emotional and spiritual diet is as important as the physical diet for a successful ceremony with the mother Ayahuasca. In our Huacaria village, the mental preset would include staying in relative solitude and minimizing useless chatter and gossip. In industrialized countries; a modern diet would definitely include: a fast from videos, TV, radio, movies, news, and social media.
You should spend as many days as possible, before your Ayahuasca ceremony, doing activities such as: meditation, mindfulness practice and yoga to mention a few. Contemplation walks through forests, mountains, riverbanks, ocean shores. Also take a walk at sunrise and sunset to receive solar energy, walk at night, it is much better if it is a full moon, so you fully receive the energy of the stars and planets. Start connecting directly with nature, even before your appointment with Ayahuasca.
It is very risky and can bring you a bad experience; if you don’t do your diet responsibly and strictly.